Zambesi Mission 1890 – 1899, when the Mission became independent from the Motherhouse in King William’s Town.
Rhodesia It was at the request of Cecil John Rhodes, in 1889, that the Dominican Sisters of King William’s Town accompanied his soldiers and colonists on the mission to Rhodesia in 1890. An Epic of NursingSisters Amica Kilduff, Frances Condon and Ignatius Haslinger were among the first volunteers from the Motherhouse. Sisters Patrick Cosgrave and Constantia Frommknecht from Potchefstroom joined them in the new undertaking.
1895 - 1987 Macloutsie, Bechuanaland Convent of the Sacred Heart
1891 - 1898 Fort Salisbury, Mashonaland Convent of the Sacred Heart
1893 - 1898 Bulawayo, Matabeleland Convent of the Sacred Heart
1895 - 1898 Fort Victoria, (Nyanda then Masvingo), Mashonaland Convent of the Sacred Heart
Rhodesia / Zimbabwe Communities
In October 1892 Chishawasha Mission had been founded by the Jesuits near Salisbury. After the Rhodesian Sisters became independent from the Motherhouse ‘King’ Dominican Sisters lived and worked on several missions in Rhodesia/Zimbabwe.
1958 – 1987 Berejena, Masvingo Province Our Lady of Peace Mission
1962 – 1981 Gwelo/Gweru, Midlands Province
Chikwingwisha Minor Seminary,
A Diocesan Seminary at which the King Sisters worked.
1964 – 2008 Matibi Mission, A Diocesan Mission at which the King Sisters worked